Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Sunday, February 7, 2010

San Diego (chapter 2)

I posted too early last night. Found some friends (a guy who I call JC Superstar, and a cute/smart/nice gal named Nicole). We went out for a drink. I made 2 dollars in the street. San Diego doesn't like my music, but I will still take their money and make their drunk women clap.

Easy day, played the guit-fiddle and ate beans as the hours dropped away. I went jogging for the first time since I left Austin, and I feel terrible :) . JC Superstar and I caught the bus to the northwest neighborhood of Pacific Beach, but we got separated because I walked out onto the beach and he couldn't find me. I pressed my feet onto pavement up and down the proverbial Garnet Ave anyway. Not feeling it, but had a dagnab good local beer though - Alesmith IPA. Sauce. The night amounted to me sitting, watching drunk people, and writing in my journal as I had been unreservedly drawn to a bench outside a closed down flower shop. Couldn't be better.

P.S.
Some guy saw me running in my Vibram Five Fingers and he scolded me on how I need cushioning in my shoes (which I disagree with). I asked him what he recommended and he told me these:
http://www.kangoojumps.com/images/Products/big/KJ-XR2.jpg
http://www.kangoojumps.com/

He was serious.

1 comment:

Terahertz Technology said...

At $289 a pair, with a need to replace the tension spring thingy, every 50-60 hours, I'd say the kangaroo shoe is too expensive for my tastes. Plus, I would feel waaay too silly running in them.