Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Monday, February 15, 2010

Las Vegas (the unexpected chapter)

Son of a gun. I missed my bus out of Las Vegas last night, due to my own negligence. For the last month, I have found my mind clear enough to be able to memorize times, dates, names, and pizza toppings with great lucidity. It is very interesting that once I dove head first into the Las Vegas lifestyle, my mind must have reached a state of toxic fallout strong enough to allow me to make up a completely new bus time. I missed the bus by several hours.

Costly mistake.
Cons: My Amtrak to Denver will be refunded, minus a 16 dollar processing fee. For lunch today, I will be eating a 30 dollar Greyhound bus ticket with ketchup and mustard. For whatever reason the exact same trip, but one day later, is almost double the price! So, my travels to Denver are now delayed until prices go back down.

I did get to see my folks for a bit longer last night and eat a good breakfast with them this morning, so I am not complaining. BUT I GOT TO GET THE HELL OUT OF LAS VEGAS! as fast as I can.

So, I am off to the bus station to head to Flagstaff AZ for a few days I think, until I can get on the train for Raton, NM to catch a bus to Denver. Here we go.

1 comment:

Terahertz Technology said...

Had fun with you in Vegas, let us know what you find in Flagstaff!