Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

California Coasting (pt 1)

Song: The wheels on the bus
Food: Wheels from a bus

Left Santa Cruz this morning on the Greyhound headed for Salinas, CA. While driving in I saw a sign for the National Steinbeck Center, so I got off to check it out. Then there was a sign to the "Steinbeck House", so I walked over to it too, mainly in honor of many of my pals. Craw, D, J, Trev, J-Mac, Mom, Caroline, Dad, and whoever else has talked to me about Steinbeck, I have a message for you: You're not missing anything in Salinas California, stay away. I hopped on another bus headed for Monterey, where I am now. Got checked into the Monterey Hostel and walked over to "Cannery Row". Ehhh.
This is me trying to simulate what I look like walking around today.
 

Well, there doesn't appear to be much of a "public transportation" method for getting down to Big Sur from here, so here is the scoop: I am going to leave my crap at the hostel, get on the bus headed for Carmel CA, and then hoof it as far south as I can (or until I find a place to stay). I will either do that, or find a fast food joint that has a playground and say that I went to Big Sur. So, count this as my blog post for today and tomorrow night.

How is LA David?

No comments: