Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Friday, February 26, 2010

Manhappening, Kansas (II)

My sister asked me if I would teach her how to play Chess. "Sure!" I said, though I warned her that she is learning from a sham instructor. I suggested that she take down a page or so of notes. She agreed, reluctantly. This morning, I went over her notes from last night. Here are a few excerpts of what I read:
"Knight - Moves in an "L" shape, two one, can jump friends and enemies, only one to jump folk"
"Queen Bomb - Moves like a freak..."
"King Monster - Like a fat lazy bastard..."

I setup a little recording studio in my sister's room and did not step more than 3 steps away from her house all day. I sat in despair as the creative juices all sat in my stomach and gave me gas, instead of turning into song. I would have settled with something interesting to write on my blog for the day. I thought about just posting a video of a car tire spinning continuously.

And then I wrote a song! I was happy.

2 comments:

Daisy said...

cool! will you post them somewhere?

Russ said...

Surely Dais. I have been uploading a couple "first goes" of some songs to my lastFM page. Here is the link. http://www.last.fm/music/RKnudson/Untitled+Album