Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Friday, February 5, 2010

San Diego (chapter 1)

Song: "Devil Town" Daniel Johnston
Food: Peanut Butter and torts

Got the heck out of Santa Barbara before the city took what little spirit I had left in my tiny, black spirit organ. Had an amazing trip on the Amtrak down to San Diego, it follows the coast line very closely for a large part of the ride. It makes you feel like royalty, or that you have been given some exclusive pass to travel in the forbidden area, all for 33 bucks! I spent most of my time looking out the window or reading, re-reading, re-reading these 10 or so pages in a Kierkegaard book.

I've gotta stop bouncing around so much. My intention is to stay longer in places. Two nights in a city does not give me sufficient time to get out of "tourist mode", even with me staying clear of many touristy conveniences such as eating at restaurants and spending dough on other entertainment.

Three goals in San Diego:
  1. Play a few open mics
  2. Surf a few couches
  3. Find a spot, place, rock, beach, or stump that I like enough to come back to several times.
I'm gonna put the D. Lynch weather on hold for a while as I am not really in LA, though it was fun. I encourage, no, I advise you to watch a Lynch film instead. Maybe "Elephant Man" is a safe start.

3 comments:

kd-m said...

I love San Deigo... enjoy friend!

Terahertz Technology said...

Kierkegaard? Pretty dark and hopeless is my recollection. I would suggest reading good comic books while traveling in the sun-shine of youth. Love you. Keep carrying onward...

Russ said...

Well. Forthank you friends.

Ya, it is not exactly The Amazing Spider-Man, but it is still important. Plus, my reading doesn't directly affect my life so its all good. But hey I gotta go, I am reading "How to Feel Good about Yourself" by Marianne Coldweather and I suddenly feel I need to go chant into a mirror "Your toilet does not hate you. Your toilet, does not hate you."