Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Friday, February 12, 2010

L.A. (2 and 3)

Not blogging yesterday has left me with too much to write about. Because of this, I will keep it brief (also because I am in a hotel's lobby stealing their internet signals. They are on to me).

Yesterday I went to the beach and, like I always find myself doing, commenced playing with the sand. I dug modest holes, fragile trenches, and simple mounds. Then I found an area where water had washed up at high tide and was slowly making its way back to the ocean along the beach. This blew my mind. I made my own channels, re-routed streams, etc. Mainly though, I thought about my life and how these simple physical things can serve as wonderful analogies. This stream is time (as defined by a majority of the human populous), this sand bank is a community of people. Wait no, this sand that is knocked loose inside of the stream is knowledge that is passing through time, and the stream is time, and this rock is a major historical event. No, wait... and on and on. I am terribly lucky and wondering when the luck will run out.

Also, thought I would tell you about an informal science experiment I started. I have shaved one arm pit and left the other in the absurdly manly state it was in. The goal is to find just how much the smell difference is with the hairs or not. NOTE: I am not all that concerned with the smell, it is my own and I sort of like it. I do understand though that others do not care for it, to say it mildly. Though, it has been said that some women are naturally attracted to the scent, at least I keep telling myself that. Also, there is a reason we developed the ability to sweat there, and the hair must have served a purpose in this effort. However, both the female attraction and the purpose of the hair are evolved qualities that may not be necessary, useful, or practical today. Hence the confusion, hence the experiment. Here's a diagram in case you are confused:
Today was even better yesterday, but not for any specific reason other than I saw the other little pieces of sand just like me who were being carried around by the water. I smiled at them, they smiled at me. Going to go out and eat dinner at some preposterous place tonight with my pal Maddy, her boyfriend Chris, and her roommate Holli. It is preposterous because it has a dress code, so there, I am not being cynical. It will be good though. Thank you very much Maddy and Holli for the hospitality as usual, it's been dope, and good luck on your further journeys.

The weather was awessssoooommmeeee. David Lynch was busy enjoying it I hope.

No comments: