Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago (two, some of three)

Gotta hand it to this place. It is pretty smooth, pretty boppin', pretty jivin' despite the weather. I am sure most Chicagoans (Chicagonians? Chicagonites?) would laugh in my face when I say the weather is something less desirable today, compared of course to the winter they are coming out of. I am sure on certain days I would laugh in my own face for occupying this many brain cells with the weather, especially when there are concepts out there that need to be wrestled with, namely: chemical dependencies in humans, how to resurrect the spirit of Ignaz Semmelweis, and generating enough sustainable energy to light a giant billboard that reads "Hello. In order to save the planet, most of you need to leave."

Yesterday I got out there and did the usual thing. Bicycled to various spots in the nearby areas, took pictures, talked to street Corn vendors about competition in their territories. A man driving a Salvation Army truck saw me with my guitar slung on my shoulder and he asked for some pointers. I told him, "I say you should learn how to play some basic chords before anything else." He said, "Oh ya, chords, like with the frets and the thing..? ...!!.. %#$".

It has become a bit too commonplace for me now, this free-loading, walking, talking, picture taking thing I am doing. I have tricked myself into imagining I can sense the overall energy or spirit of a particular area after being there for a few minutes, or just long enough to count how many people honk there car horns for no good reason.

I wanted a picture of downtown Chicago from as close as possible to Lake Michigan so I stepped onto a low rock pier. You see this wave?
From Sweet Home Chicago
It attacked my foot and, in order to raise the energy levels of it's own internal water molecules, left my right (Rhonda) foot wet and cold.
From Sweet Home Chicago

I am just looking for excuses to post pictures now.

2 comments:

AJ Street said...

I was wondering why you'd posted a picture of your foot...

Daisy said...

damn those sketchers.