Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago (one)

Chicago just about ate me up this morning. Where am I, where am I going, what? These were all questions that I asked myself and anyone standing close enough to here my mind buzzing. I was disappointed too, because the areas of Chicago I needed to get around are areas I had walked around on occasion in the last year. I blew a train ticket on a train that wasn't even running today. I bought a Dunkin' Donut's donut's donut to allow me to use the internet, only to find out they didn't have internet access. I ate the donut. All of these decisions, in hindsight, were due to my lack of planning before I arrived. I typically write in my journal the address, telephone number, and general directions on how to get there, but today I had only an address. So, I just decided to jump on any northbound train to distance myself from the downtown hoityness and find myself a place that would let me use the Yellow Pages or internet access. I blindly picked an exit on this particular train, walked up the street to a place with wireless internet, and BINGO! I had happened to get off the train just down the street from where I was trying to go. It could not have worked out better. What is the moral to the story? Well, I am sure Aesop has already covered it. Boy, does he have some good ones.

After I brushed my teeth and wrote a couple letters at a coffee shop, I was able to foot it, take mental notes of establishments I can buy pizza and take pictures. This afternoon I met up with my good buddy Klevis. Drank a beer, bought groceries (avocados are cheap here! Why?), and lifted live goats above our heads for exercise.
From Sweet Home Chicago
*I apologize if my final comment from yesterday came across as sexist, that was certainly not my intention. The scene truly did rouse that metaphor in me, but that is not to say that there aren't just as many males out there who don't dance, don't have anything to talk about, and don't get any attention at the party. Hell, I do dance (or some form thereof), do talk, but that doesn't mean the attention I get is positive by any means. :)

2 comments:

Terahertz Technology said...

Aesop now that's good. On your travels it is wise to keep the counsel of the The Dog and the Oyster, near in your thoughts. Carry on, my pal.

Russ said...

That's a good one. I was previously unaware of it. I will try of course.