Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Kansas City, WA

Just a quick stopover in Kansas City, the Mizzou side. I decided to eat the metaphorical dog excrement and ride the Greyhound on to Chicago tonight. If I was riding a real Greyhound, I would be absolutely excited, but I'm not and I'm not. I get the feeling I frequently complain about this particular bus company, yet if they are so crummy then why do I continue to use their services? Well, I must thank them truthfully, because it has gotten me around for pretty reasonable monies. However, the organization, or lack there of, of this company continues to surprise me. Today though, it all ended up very nicely as I payed $67 for a ticket that was quoted online as $120. That's nice.

It feels good to be back out and moving. I don't mean to sound ungrateful, because it is never anything at all against the beautiful people who have hosted this dislodged creature over the last month. I just cannot help but feel the winds of freedom blowing through my luscious blond hairs as I am out perusing the alley ways of strange cities, or playing guitar in front of gas stations. I worry I may have contracted a traveling bug that I won't come back from fully, which was sort of the point I suppose. I don't know, we will see how chipper I am about traveling after I sleep with my head against the bus window tonight.

Here's a picture of the "Power and Light" area I stumbled upon here in KC. It reminds me a lot of the girl that went out to the party all dolled up, but she doesn't dance, she doesn't have much to talk about, and no one is paying her much attention.
From Manhappening, KS

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Best ending paragraph ever. Love it