Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Manhappening, Kansas (V)

Neil Young's performance tonight at the Olympics closing ceremonies opened my heart with a surgeon's smile and cut it into butterflies. It was my favorite event by far and he deserves one of those medals covered in six grams of gold. I was fortunate enough to only see two other Olympic events, and after watching the highlights, I fancy to say I saw two of the best of the entire competition: Shaun White's win + victory lap and the end of the Canada-USA hockey game. If I would have watched anymore television there is no telling how many energy drinks, personal hygiene products, and automobiles I would buy this week. We all know I need one of those items.

Tomorrow morning I say "so long, and thanks for all the fish" to Manhattan. It was a good time here, and nice to hang with my sister. I was given the level of serenity I had hoped to find, and this allowed me the opportunity to try new things, some of which I am happy about. However, I did find myself, on occasion, abusing my freedoms to a new level, embarrassingly so. For example, today consisted of sleeping late through an oncoming hangover, eating at a franchise fast food place, playing Super Mario World, and watching TV. I really blew it, and fear I will pay for it dearly. You live and you learn. You learn how soft around the middle you can allow yourself to become.

Off to Chicago. Chi town. Chi City. Home of Jake and Elwood Blues. Excited for the pizza and street people. Excited for the excitement.

3 comments:

Terahertz Technology said...

nice to talk with you and Sue on skype yesterday. Travel safe..

Unknown said...

You forgot the part where you got your sister, her roommate and yourself kicked out of a party for flickering the lights and unscrewing everyone's light bulbs.

Russ said...

Haha. I left that out on purpose.