Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago (five)

Holy Guacamole! On the top floor of the Chicago Public Library, there are six "music practice rooms" available to anyone, anyone who can properly identify themselves (this means some form of government issued identification). Every room even had its own upright piano, amazing. I was excited to find this, but, perhaps for the first time in my life, I waited until the time was right before diving in. Plus, it was a beautiful Chicago day, and I thought it was a great opportunity to play on the street. The subway was taken, so I just went back to the front of the library. I have had a hard time lately finding an activity as spiritually cleansing as busking. You have to really forget about your strange worries and accept the worrisome looks from strangers, to the beat, on the street. It feels great, try it. Plus I made two bucks. Now it's time to get to the practice room :) Here is a silly picture I took in there:
From Sweet Home Chicago

After the jam down, turkey jam, Klevis and I rode the subway headed to play some basketball. It was either this or go looking for Michael Jordan. We went to play basketball. We are definitely not the basketball animals we used to be, but I gotta say, the young men of the Lakeview YMCA were not ready for the fast, bumbling, scoring goofiness that is we. And finally, there is no better way to replenish all of the tomatoe sauce and cheese that you sweat out playing basketball then eating a famous Chicago "stuffed" pizza from Giordano's. Yodi.
From Sweet Home Chicago

3 comments:

Terahertz Technology said...

I have been employing Yakir Aharonov's thoughts to my morning meditation ( which of course includes you and your journeys), so please look for the influence of future events on your daily travels...

AJ Street said...

Jealous about the pizza...last time I ate there I went into a food coma..
Keep up the posts!

Russ said...

Thank you guys for your thoughts and your jealousy. Both of them add to my powers like the Highlander cutting someone's head off.