Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Monday, March 8, 2010

Sweet Home Chicago (six)

Went to an awesome sketch comedy show last night. So very impressed, but I just don't have time to write something creative about it here. If you ever go to Chicago (quick, get a pencil and copy this down) I recommend going to "Too Much Light Make The Baby Go Blind" at the Neo-Futurist Theatre. I creid a little bit, I laughed a whole lot, and I thought with deepness.

On my way to New York New York. Brooklyn, beers, and good friends.

Dear Chicago,
I had a wonderful time. I hope to see you again. Take care of Klevis for me, he and his roommate Tim were wonderful hosts (goats eeee!). Tell Michael Jordan that, next time, I'm going to find him.

Sincerely,
Russell Knudson, grand kid #6

3 comments:

Terahertz Technology said...

that's it? now that you have revealed your strategy of stealing immortal powers from the few and brave that dare to post here, and after I announced giving you future help, in the day to day, I expected more.... :-)
IT was very nice to chat with you on line today..

Tim said...

This report is a little light, so allow me to fill-in-the-blanks.

It's true: Russ was visibly moved after the play. I was there. In retrospect, I remember some tender weeping a couple of times when the lights went down. But until now I just assumed it was one of those cute high school girls sitting directly in front of us. And I must say that the truth now makes me a little uncomfortable.

Also, I never really thought of myself as a "host", Russ, but thanks. In reality, I came home from vacation and found you occupying my apartment. I guess it just depends on how you look at it. We could say that the French "hosted" the Germans during WWII. We could also say that the soup kitchen is "hosting" a dinner.

That reminds me: the incident with the Salvation Army driver. I'm not sure he was really asking for pointers, dude. He was probably recruiting for the Band. Did he mention anything about a "tambourine?"

Tim also said...

By the way, look me up next time you're in Chicago.