Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Da Big Ol Apples (for-two)

The weather was so wonderful today I had no choice, but to go run around Prospect Park. Besides that the day was relatively adventure-less: listened to Miles Davis "Bitches Brew" for the first time (ya man!), apertivos with my house parents (Justin and Katie) Katie makes a mean margarita, and we drank our dinners down. J and KD bought tickets to see The Magnetic Fields (band), and I was planning on just staying in for the night, buttt I went along for the ride to Manhattan and boy am I glad I went.
 - Busking in the subway - Was really nervous for some reason, but once it starts pouring out of you it is tough to stop. Try to sing louder than the trains.
 - Busking in Time Square - The NYPD kindly asked me to "cease pan-handling in this sector", so I relocated 5 blocks up to 47th St. I took some pictures with some French tourists who must have confused me for an interesting American landmark, but they were really nice about the songs I was playing. Otherwise, I collected my usual mix of disgusted looks from younger girls, semi-appreciative looks from much older women, and scoffs from most men. On the rare occasion a male doesn't mock, he usually gives me a dollar or some change. I have natural reaction now to sing much louder and take a few steps after the men who jeer as they walk past.

It was a great night.
From Da Big Ol Apples

1 comment:

Terahertz Technology said...
This comment has been removed by the author.