Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Da Big Ol Apples (for-one)

Woooooo!
I forgot how much the excitement of this place got me the excited too. I hope it lasts.

Amtrak has remained a good experience in my eyes' mind. The track from Chicago was a bit more bumpy than previous tracks. Bumps in the night, strange dreams, animal in nature. Animals and vegetables.

Found my good ol' friend J Mac (Mac-N-Sac, apparently his new street moniker here) at a Tuesday night beer tasting. We knocked back the tiny samples with the old times at the front of our brains and the delicious free beer dancing in the uppermost regions of our digestives. It was an easy block to J and Katie-friend's apartment where KD was preparing Sober Noodles (?). It was the jam-track, whoa. Tofu, kimchi, already two things that I know that I am not sophisticated enough for.

I am glad to be here with these guys and I was telling them tonight that this visit will be extra easy for me, as these two crazy cats may be the only people on the planet that laugh at me when I speak in my made up languages. I include that comment, because you will most likely be showered with abnormal volumes of broken English, vulgarity, and nonsensicals on these next several posts.

Prepare to be for-shitted on! (sorry Mom)

2 comments:

Terahertz Technology said...

big apple in the big apple

kd-m said...

laughing. at work. thinking of all of the hilarity of last night! Soba noodles for your future Japanese ordering knowledge.