Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Santa Cruzing, USA (pt 5)

Song: "Diamonds On the Soles of Her Shoes" PandC Simon
Food: Cheese Pizza

Called up a local pub about their open mic and they said they were already full. Bummer. I went walking and found me a nice little spot on a cliff in someone's backyard and I played songs for the hummingbirds and even the dastardly snakes that eat my frogs. I was hungry so I thought I would first try to make lunch money by playing a few songs downtown, and wow, every corner on Pacific Ave has some sort of bum like me busking. Even more disturbing is none of them have any dough in their offering plate. I found me a corner by a taqueria and played a few songs. Didn't make any money, but three 5 year olds danced pretty hard to one of my songs, though I am pretty sure they can, should, and will dance to anything. We got down none-the-less.

Met up with Andi B and ate some of Woodstock's pricey, greasy, delicious pizza and then headed for this pub for the open mic. Not so upset I didn't get to play, because it was some loony gal playing watered down blues and no one was listening to her, just drinking their watered down blues away at the bar. We had a beer and nodded along with her for a bit. Andi's friend Taylor said she had a drum set, so I went to her place to play for a while. She is a damn good drummer and it was a lot of fun. Reminded me of my days playing with the "Ya I'm Friends with Dan" band. I walked back from her place and passed the historic Santa Cruz Boardwalk on the way.

From Cruzing USA

No comments: