Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

City of St. Francis (pt 5)

Song: "Wolf+Lemon"
Food: Garlic

Alarm clock failed me, but I huffed it to the Mission district for the free tour of Anchor Steam Brewery. I was late, but they let me in, just in time to learn good stuff. Anchor Steam uses 85% of 3 day fermented beer and 15% percent of one day fermented beer in the secondary fermentation process. This is to achieve a certain alcoholic content and also a level of carbonation. They also flash pasteurize everything before bottling. This is to "get rid of micro organisms that can sour the beer and lower shelf life". Wimpy.
*Note - Ya I'm Friends with Dan Brewers (TM) does not flash pasteurize.
The tasting was great though, and nothing like free drunkenness at 11 AM. Their "Old Foghorn" is the jam turkey.

Then I walked to "The Castro" (holy moly). A group of men were suuper friendly to me and helped me find my way further north so that I could finally see the Wave Organ. It happened, and I knew it would, but it was low tide, and the Organ does not work properly. Then I jumped off the Golden Gate Bridge, in my mind.
For foodings, I took several buses in contradicting trajectories until I finally ended up at "The Stinking Rose". Not bad. I spent more money than I have been and the food was alright. They used to be well known for the strongest garlic dishes, but they have toned it down due to customer complaints. What?? Tonight I went to the "Hotel Utah Saloon" and spent too much time and money there, but met some interesting people to say the least.

I ended the night pissing on a bush in Union Square.


Tomorrow I am off to Santa Cruz to see my cousin Andi B. Very excited, it has been a while since we have hung out, I did not have a beard then. Goodbye "Union Square Backpackers Hostel", its been real. And thank you San Francisco.

3 comments:

Terahertz Technology said...

I can only imagine the fellas on Castro were very happy to see you...drunk at 11 am! Where did your mom go wrong?

Randy Knudson said...

actually, too much time around your old pap....carry on. Have fun!

Anonymous said...

In other wordѕ, Micгosoft diԁ not deserνe the loω valuations todау.

Gаinіng the trust of her colleagues from othеr ΝGO s, coulԁ οffer hіgh-qualіty prevention anԁ protеctіon training, as ωell as update info.
It sіmply doeѕn't exist. Manufacturer business s reps typically get anywhere from 7% to 15% of the company's sharеs.
If thіs is thе caѕе, you can sеe that,
I would juѕt I ωοuld also recommend if you are sending
a perѕonal shipment oveгseas. Mr Humphrey ωas lеadіng thе design of the Thinκ Pad Eԁgе Twist.



Feel freе to vіsit my blog; www.skenz.it