Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

City of St. Francis (pt 4)

Song: "Black Beach"
Food: Siam Thai Lotus

Big day! Though every day is a big day when your brain is so small. Most of my friends would be very proud of me, maybe my mom, because I got up early and went to church! Right?? "Glide Memorial" church is known for their "Celebrations" every Sunday morning. Wonderful choir and band, I got a little down with my get down kno'wt I'm sayin... especially for a guy with no soul. Now, it was not quite the Harlem church experience I share with good ol J friend of mine, but it was good. The church is definitely geared toward helping the needy around San Fran, and the needy are definitely in attendance. This ain't your "grandma drivin the Cadillac to service" kinda church, so it was nice.



Most of the day centered around Golden Gate Park and music in the rain. Saw the predictable Haight and Ashbury area, whatever. To escape the rain and cold I caught a blind (bus that is) and ended up on the west of town at Ocean Beach. Great! Played guitar in the sand. At some point a very young boy came up to me and said "Hey Dad", immediately realized his mistake, and ran off wanting to cry I think. His true father and I talked music and he told me how to get the train back to down town.



Post - Drank a Miller Chill for a dollar before last night's Cold War Kids show. The show was really good, and the openers were decent. Didn't realize Cold War Kids were a San Fran band, and they definitely received the home town love.

No comments: