Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Portland - Night 1

Ran around town, as usual. Got the rained on. For why? Very dense downtown, I like it. Many people out walking around despite the rain. Pretty girls with curly hair and sad demeanors (yodi!). The light rail is fucking amazing from what I can tell. I don't think I will have much of a chance to peep the bike and bus method of the city, but it has a presence for sure. Also, it was not hard to tell the "green/eco" philosophy floating around, BUTTT I am downtown where everyone gotta be cool, and its cool to at least say you are the green.

Shower, Berbati's Pan, Voodoo Doughnut, bar trouble maybe, though I need to wake up early to run before work. Maybe Rock Bottom brewery to see what they got.

Tomorrow night I will stay in Portland, I believe at a hostel a bit west of downtown, and try to get over to some open mics (one of these days I will work up the nerve to play the two songs I got). Otherwise, check out Powell's Book City for some used tings Ive been wanting. Not sure why I think it is still acceptable for me to buy books.

Flying out at noon on Thursday for a 7 hour flight through Calif. Last day of work on Friday.

1 comment:

Terahertz Technology said...

happy beans... happy trails -your pal Randy Hammtramick