Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

New Mex

For the last few days I have called home the town, house, and people responsible for the earliest years of my being. The experience here is a challenging one, a ferocious challenge, the likes of which I have yet to meet since uprooting a few months ago. Many of you may blow scoffs at the tiny challenges the jobless wanderer must face. I will meet your scoffs halfway and add a down-turned look of bashful agreement. The wonderful friends in my recent past, who have hosted me with all of their grace and charisma, do not come close to the masterful artistry that is my parents' ability to have me here. And therein lies the challenge.

My folks and I set off for Las Cruces, NM to visit my youngest sister. She is at New Mexico State University, studying the biology of humans in order to help fix broken biologys one day. Driving through New Mexico for any extended amount of time does not allow me the chance to miss inspiring visuals. You don't miss 'em because there is not much out here. Perhaps this is indeed one of the splendors. "The beauty of what is not", if you will. I suppose I might ruin all of this by singing her praises so high. My eyes are filled with the green hills and peaceful ranches of the majestic Hondo Valley. Consider the ponder-some pink cactus plants in front of the black rock, jutting from the faded plain. Visions of climbing these rocks to smoke peyote with native men in order to find your spirit animal. I will try to upload pictures later, hopefully I am with my spirit animal.

2 comments:

AhhhTimmy!!! said...

Odoyle rules!!!

Terahertz Technology said...

Hey, what a grand week having you back where the light is always on, for you!
Thank you for sharing time, humor, and thought with the old folk