Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Dallas, TX (*****)

Now that I have your attention, I would like to take this opportunity to update you and my future self of a few of my goals:
  • Be nice to people
  • Ride bicycle long ways
  • Work toward sitting in "lotus position"
  • Evict the Plantar Wart tenants in my foot apartment
  • ....

Ahhh. Feels good to say that out loud, even virtually.

More on bullet #4 - Dealing with Plantars Wart
I have had a sizable wart on the heel of my foot for years now, possibly 4 years. The wart did not bother me, but it came to a point where it was painful to walk with bare feet. I really like walking bare feet, but who am I to say these little creatures aren't allowed to live here. Plus, these little viruses have been belittled by friends, hated by girlfriend(s), and challenged by my immune system. Someone had to stand up for them! Anyways, it came to a time where they need to move beyond this life to the next, so I have been applying a generous coat of super glue to the area they occupy in order to suffocate them, as recommended by many aspiring web medicine gurus on various internet forums. The result?
Here is what is left today:

From Settlement Dallas

Mostly dead skin and callus, hopefully. It is possible they are still hiding in there, but this is a major improvement from the old days.

Here is what it used to look like:
OK sorry, I don't have an old picture. In all truth, it did look pretty close to The Penguin.

No comments: