Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Chain rust

Look. I can't lie to you for a few reasons. Reason number 1 is that I strive follow a thought movement of radical honesty. I use the word radical here without exaggeration. I forget what reason 2 is now.

The gap in my blog posting was for purely selfish reasons. I wanted more mystery back in my life. Also, I wanted to save my thoughts and see if they developed into a forest rather than a flower. What I underestimated was the magnitude of will power and responsibility required to tend a forest. I am not so strong.

Back in the Lone Star state for a time. I started to think of this as the end of my journeys now that I am back in a personal comfort zone. Well friends, if that is what ends a journey than I imagine journeys are constantly living and dieing just like our cells, just like our moments, just like us. So here it is, I explode to this somewhat faceless public with philosophical garbage that is obviously backed up from my lack of explosion.

Story time - In Tallahassee Florida, I found myself in the greatest state of freedom ever to be had, and that is walking around. I walked to a new used bookstore to look for travel books. It was a giant warehouse with shelves slapped around space. The owner later admitted to me that he and his buddies would drink bourbon all afternoon and would build shelves through the night. I wanted to tell him I already knew this, but I prophesied offense. A young kid was also there talking with the owner and he asked to play my guitar. He played a few licks that showed me he was not messing around and that he knew his way around the thing. He then went on to tell us that he had just been to rehab for marijuana, but he is off to finish high school now. No comment. Next, I was off to meet my good ol' buddy friend Kirk at a coffee shop, but not before peeing in an alleyway. Walking up Monroe Street revealed guitars in a pawn shop window. Inside the pawn shop revealed very concealable hand guns in the glass case window. Two young gentlemen were contemplating the purchase of said hand guns. Talking amongst each other using common phrases such as "For real" and "For sure" and "Hellz ya". Perhaps they are going to practice their marksmanship at a shooting range. I hope for the best, and I fear for the worst. I'd rather not hope or fear, so walk on, walk on to meet your friend.

No comments: