Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Dallas, TX (**)

Four days in Dallas now, but who is counting? No, I am not getting antsy in the least bit. My hosts have somehow discovered a method which allows me to find comfort in their home. How have all these people I have stayed with do it? As far as this place is concerned, maybe it is the record player, or the chalkboard painted doors, or maybe it is New-Mexico-looking rugs. Most likely it is just friends and beer and friends drinking beer that keeps me satisfied. Is it highly conceivable that one day I will snap and realize these things aren't important and that having a place of your very own IS indeed crucial to happiness? Perhaps, but at the moment I would have to strain with all of my tensible organs to imagine going back to that sort of living. Thank the good energy in the universe that I have these pals who put up with me, and all my material possessions, and my language.

The main activity here in Dallas is preparing for a big bicycle ride next weekend. We are riding in a 165 mile event for multiple sclerosis. The training so far has been so-so. My legs are still here, and my mind is becoming more and more ignorant to the fact that I am forcing my body to operate in ways it would not normally need to. One of the most fun activities for me is riding a bicycle with my buddies... into the sunset...

Besides bicycling I have been eating avocados and keeping my nose hairs at bay. It is back to the old college antics around here. The other night while I was showering Will came into the bathroom, turned off the lights, and dumped ice water on me from above. What he failed to consider is the fact that I hang around his house most of the day while he is at work, cooking up something colossal.

Here is a photo of my friend.
From Settlement Dallas

No comments: