Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Science Poetry

It has been sometime since I have posted. I suppose it is because I am morphing into a new individual with new goals, far different from the person I was when I began writing this blog. Because I recognize this, it almost seems wrong for me to post here anymore. Awkward.

Briefing: I am in my old hometown of Portales New Mexico living off of the sweet energies of my parents (what's new?). Soon I will make my way back through the plains of west Texas to pursue new adventures.

I have been here reading science poems. Here is my favorite so far:

"High-transmissivity composite left/right-handed uniaxial bulk metamaterials
were fabricated in a multilayered dielectric/hole metal array technology
and experimentally assessed at submillimeter wavelengths
by time-domain spectroscopy." - S. Wang et al

Beautiful isn't it?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

New person eh? Ex-plane moar D-tails?

Russ said...

Stu,
The YouTube videos you constantly leave me the links for have turned me into a new, much more demented person. :) I really like "Zef Side".

In all seriousness though, not new person, just new goals. Goals such as find a place to live, calculate the rate at which time moves there, and generate a means of financial income. The hunt is on, but I definitely have some more adventure like things planned for this summer first.

In other news, I am on Facebook as me now. No more Ralph. Will you be my friend?