Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Amarillo by mornin' (A)

It has been a bit of bouncing around. Here, to there, to this, and then back. I won't bore you with the details, because I don't really remember them.

This very second, I am in Amarillo Texas. I imagine I will have much to say of this city, particularly about the general populous (human), but I have a week to do it and so far I have not been able to quite settle the thoughts in my mind. However, I have calculated my opinion of the special group of friends that I am truly here to spend time with, and the calculus ensures good times have happened and more good times to come. My buddy pal Justin is teaching his last week of school, so it is exciting times.
He and another of my best friends are soon to be wed.
Their summer of love approaches swiftly
and I am here to do what I can.


Tonight, my thoughts drift to another subset of creature friends, similar in smell, but otherwise very different. This year, seemingly more than any other, I have met, belly rubbed, and ran around with some great dogs. Canines. Pooches. I have always enjoyed dogs, but why this thought is so clear tonight, I am not certain. These guys have just really been provokers of good thoughts. The simple fact that I think of these strange friendships in this way makes me think I am a lot more travel wary than I give myself credit for.
The road, it wears. I am more and more grateful for the good friends.
From Caro Grad

1 comment:

Terahertz Technology said...

Yes sir. You have come to one of life's basic truths, Dogs.
they are far more evolved than we are. Unfortunately, that doesn't say too much.