Welcome!

Just my thoughts, travels, stories, pictures, all inter-netted together. My net touches your net.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Amarillo by Mornin (final)

I really have neglected to describe the Amarillo landscape as I have witnessed it. First, let me re-cap the high, and low, lights of the past several days.

I got to see an Uncle of mine whom I have not seen in many years. He turns out to be a reader of this blog. If you are reading this Uncle, know that we both are scarred from failed attempts to pay for family dinner or for groceries at the Piggly Wiggly with your mother around. It is a scar I like to show off.

My mom also came to town. We ate fried food and went out to the locally predictable, regionally intriguing, and globally so-so "Cadillac Ranch". I really enjoyed it. See, look at us enjoying.


Before all of that happened, my good ol' friend Justin and I were caught in an instantaneous rain/hail storm as we were walking back from a tornado cellar. I have never found myself walking, jogging, laughing, peeing myself, sprinting, and being pegged with small balls of ice as we run into a darkness that very well may be a tornado. We lived.

Amarillo has been a strange mix of events looking back. We went dancing at, not at one, but two different gay clubs in the past week. We danced and danced. It was great. I guess the straight people in Amarillo aren't into the whole dancing thing. Also, I have not, in a long while, felt so completely unwanted and disliked while riding a bicycle down a somewhat busy street as I have here. I can't blame them though, I am quite a bit slower than them.

All in all, it was great busting up all of my friends' plans to spend time with each other. I managed to not break anything too important here, or make any one too mad. I did break most unimportant things and ticked off everyone at least a little bit. Good friends.

Tonight, I was treated to the finest in Amarillo entertainment. We bought some drinks, drove out in the country, talked about philosophy near some cows, talked about art in the strong breeze, talked about music with the radio on, and laughed about people and the funny things.

Cheers Amarillo.
Though, it's not bye for my friends.
Dallas, here we come.

No comments: